The following hospitals, health systems and cancer treatment centers have opened cancer care facilities or announced plans for them since June 18:
1. Tampa, Fla.-based Moffitt Cancer Center is building a 10-story, $400 million hospital.
2. Norfolk, Va.-based Sentara Healthcare opened the $93.5 million, 253,000-square-foot Sentara Brock Cancer Center.
3. Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles opened the Samuel Oschin Cancer Center June 29, a 45,000-square-foot outpatient facility that has been seven years in the making.
4. Seattle Cancer Care Alliance started construction of a 150,000-square-foot outpatient cancer treatment clinic.
5. Colquitt Regional Medical Center in Moultrie, Ga., started construction of a $7.7 million radiation oncology center.
6. Sarasota (Fla.) Memorial Health Care System plans to open a $27 million radiation oncology center.
7. A $78 million cancer center opened July 27 at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh.
8. Sayre, Pa.-based Guthrie health system plans to begin construction on the $10.6 million Guthrie Cortland (N.Y.) Cancer Treatment Center in September.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.