Global Therapeutic Area Head – Gastroenterology
I’m working with a leading global pharma in Germany developing a portfolio of first of its kind therapies in GI disorders/Inflammation. This is a newly created position designed to build the existing pipeline products and push them through to PIII/FDA approval.
This position will have strategic responsibility over both clinical development and medical affairs and therefore needs to be someone with drive and enthusiasm.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As the TA head for GI disease, you have the overall medical strategic responsibility for both Clinical Development and Medical Affairs
- You ensure alignment regarding development strategy as well as scientific platforms, medical communication and publication strategies for each substance or project under your responsibility
- You are the key decision maker in internal committees with regard to your area of responsibility
- You contribute to and co-ordinate medical contributions to (pre-) clinical development, and cross-functional Medico-Marketing-Market Access strategy.
- With your expertise, you review and approve clinical development plans, final brand plans, scientific engagement plans and scientific publications according to established procedures.
- One of your key tasks is leading and managing employees belonging to your team, as well as establishing and maintaining adequate standards of people management e.g. training and development, communication, interface definition and processes.
- Medical Doctor/Gastroenterologist/Rheumatologist/Immunologist or PHD in relevant medical field
- Clinical development experience >5 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in developing a cross functional medicine strategy for introduction of new medicines and/or expansion of indications to the market at a local or regional/global level
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, hospital and academia preferably in the field of GI disease
- Fluency in English is required
For more information contact Amy from Barrington James.
Medical Recruitment Manager